• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

interesting D6M blade

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
It's a D6N, but no worries. :)

The blade can be ordered on LGP-machines and serves to reduce the transport width of the machine.

Wulf

Blimey... I thought thats what it was for because I've seen it on some mini-excavators so that they could get through doors.

I'd never seen it on a 'big' dozer though1

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Well that ain't so cool I was guessing it was some sort on V blade.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Mmm, I can't find any information on the blade other than what's in French here:

http://photostp.free.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=423&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=lame&start=20

This reply: "C'est pour le transport du bull, ca évite d'être en convoie exceptionnel"

means that it's for the roading of the dozer; it avoids the necessity of having the "wide load" signs. But I can't find anything from Cat proper, even though I thought I've seen it before.

Anyhow, there are some other pictures of the blame in the link above.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hey pullpan - D6M? come on, I can't believe you mislabeled that.:D

I saw one of those blades when we were at Conexpo, but I don't think it was on a Cat.