• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Integrated Machine Control vs Traditional Mast-Mounted

wsnewellgps

I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge or has had any past experiences with the new integrated machine control, primarily information on the durability of these "stroke sensing hydraulic cylinders". All of our equipment with machine control is currently outfitted with the traditional add-on systems. I know this technology is fairly new to the market compared to the traditionally aftermarket installed mast-mounted systems, but does anyone know anything about the accuracy of these sensors in the hydraulic cylinder, say 5-10 years down the road after using them daily? Are these hydraulic cylinders something that will need to be replaced and recalibrated regularly? Seems to me they would lose accuracy after a while and have to be replaced or repositioned. Thanks!