• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Installing holding tank

Canadian_digger

I did some digging for a 2675 gallon holding tank today and took my camera to sap a couple of pictures so share. Hope you like.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 592

Canadian_digger

The old septic system has failed and the lot that the house is on is to small for a new one. So all they can do is install a holding tank. So the sewage goes into the tank and has to be pumped out when it is full. Its kind of a last resort when it comes to a septic system.

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
The old septic system has failed and the lot that the house is on is to small for a new one. So all they can do is install a holding tank. So the sewage goes into the tank and has to be pumped out when it is full. Its kind of a last resort when it comes to a septic system.

So no water is able to leach out of the tank? That really would not take long to fill given there's 3 or 4 people living in the house.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
holding tanks always suck for the owner...we did a few holding tanks for houses until their sand mounds got approved...$250 a week in pumping adds up quick

we did a business this summer...existing 1000 gallon holding tank and i installed a 1250 gallon holding tank....they pump 2250 gallons every 2 weeks and will for the rest of the businesses life because sewer will never come in and the ground is in a wetland so it will never perc.....needless to say for them if its yellow leave it mellow, if its brown flush it down

greywynd

I'd move before having to deal with a holding tank.....I put in a new filter bed and tank here a few years ago with my mini...fortunately I didn't have to dig a very deep hole for the tank because of the way I had to build the bed, and the slope of the site.

The pics look like just about any small town in southern Ontario, what area are you in? I'm just outside Peterborough here.