• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

install thrown track

timcon

Lost track on cat excavator. after several hours got track back on.Problem i have is that i can not adjust track. It won't take grease. Any ideas?

dayexco

how old of a machine? could you be out of adjustment? you might try taking the grease fitting out, see if it's packed full of dirt, debris, not allowing it to take grease

tylermckee

Happened on our hitachi. took the fitting out then took the zerk off the fitting and cleaned all the dirt and crap out of it and put it back together. seems to be doing okay.

timcon

Grease fitting is clean. Track adjuster worked before track came off. When i pushed idler back to get track on i removed grease fitting and grease did come out as idler was push back. after track was back on i installed fitting so i could adjust track but it wont take grease. Fitting does work and there is not any dirt in the way.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
When you pushed the idler back you probably jamed the idler or adjuster in the frame take a hydralic jack and push the idler a little and it should free up

timcon

Thanks for the info i used a porta power with a wedge along with rapping the idler. All set track adjusted thanks for your input