• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ingersoll Rand CR36 combination roller

rockman

Chasing some advice on a steel drum / multi-tyre roller ...

I'm looking at buying one of these rollers
http://liveimages.industrysales.com.au/constructionsales/general/content/gc4775866534875461678.jpg

I have a Takeuchi TL250 compact track loader ( 100hp high-flow ) with a 1000mm Simex profiler . I do a fair bit of work for the local councils with small milling / sweeping patches for them . I am looking at adding a small roller to my package to present to them and came across one of these rollers .

Has anyone got any experience with these rollers at all ?.
The size of the patches that we normally do are around 2.5 x 5-10 mtrs long , only around 50mm deep .
At the moment they are using a little 1.6 tonne cat roller with mixed results .
This roller that I am looking at is 3.6tonne , I'm just un-sure of going to the steel drum / multi combination or should I just go the standard twin drum roller .

Thanks for your help in advance .

Cheers Jim