• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Info Request for Crown Self-Loaders used on Log Trucks

scso1502

Occupation
Retired Deputy Sheriff / Equipment Operator/Mechanic
Greetings everyone,

A logging friend of my recently purchased a 50+year-old Autocar logging truck with a Crown self-loader installed on it. He was told its a Crown 220 loader but that is unconfirmed and I've never heard of a Crown loader with that number. Maybe someone else here has?

Anyway, we spent the last couple of weeks going through everything to get the old girl up to working like it should again after is sat for years. The truck is in unbelievably good condition for its age and the trype of work it does, but the loader has some hydraulic issues we're still working to resolve. I'll probably post someting about the specific hydraulic problems in a different thread but in this thread, I'd like to know if anyone can point me to a place where I can find detailed information on Crown log-loaders such as operating manuals, specifications, hydraulic diagrams, parts lists, etc. You know, the usual things that you'd find in a service manual for a piece of equipment.

I have searched everywhere on the Internet for many hours and all I can find is a few pictures, most of which are for Crown 3000 self-loaders. The loader on this truck may be a 3000 series loader, but I don't know enough about the loader to identify it. Help identifying which loader it is would be greatly appreciated as well. I've attached several photos to aid in the ID.

We'd be very grateful for any help locating literature on Crown loaders.

Thank you!
Mike Vail
Stevenville. MT. USA

Attachments

• log truck 1.jpg
    log truck 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • log truck 3.jpg
    log truck 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • log truck 2.jpg
    log truck 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • log truck 5.jpg
    log truck 5.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 28

lg junior

Definitely not a 3000 crown. They had a bigger frame, that big round tube that goes from the truck frame up to the rotec. Crown was bought by Ross Equipment their manufacturing company Danebo built a few then stopped making them. Ross sold Thunderbird to Madill and everything was gone after that. There probably isn't any information for your loader available. I had a 3000 for a while and i have seen one other one like yours. Anything I needed for the Crown i got from Crane Equipment here in Eugene, they build Grizzly loaders. Any hydraulic shop can help you with parts or hydraulic issues. All the parts were basically off the shelf items. As for the model number it might be a 1500 but don't quote me on that. good luck

scso1502

Occupation
Retired Deputy Sheriff / Equipment Operator/Mechanic
Thank for the info my friend. I really appreciate it! My buddy did some additional searching on the loader body and found some sort of label saying it is a Crown model 25001 with serial number in the low 800s. Still can't find documents on it.

The loader has a hydraulic issue where the lines and cylinders get very hot and lose lifting power after about 30 mimutes of use loading logs. I'm gonna do another post about that issue and see if anyone can give us some help in identifying the problem.

Thanks again!
Mike

gordonentllc

Talk to crane Equipment manufacturing Corp in eugene, they build the Grizzly loaders but also support the crown, and acquired all the documentation from ross