• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Info on New Holland T9000

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
Thanks to this site and after seeing a tractor/pan combo, I now have a sudden interest in big farm tractors. I didn't realize how big and nice some are now. I was looking at the New Holland T 9000 series and like the Case/IH Steiger they have the big Cummins as the top motor, but I was wondering who makes the Cursor Compound Turbo motor that is also offered. Is it a NH or Case powerplant or are they outsourced. Just wondering, because International/MAN and now Detroit use a similar turbo setup.
Also what do the big John Deeres over 500 h.p. use for power?

Man, I want to be a farmer now. Those luxury cab options are nicer than some over the road trucks. Leather, carpeted floors (in a farm tractor?) up to six power points and auto steer:eek::notworthy

Anyone need a driver? You'll just have to teach me how to farm:D

Richardjw~

Thanks to this site and after seeing a tractor/pan combo, I now have a sudden interest in big farm tractors. I didn't realize how big and nice some are now. I was looking at the New Holland T 9000 series and like the Case/IH Steiger they have the big Cummins as the top motor, but I was wondering who makes the Cursor Compound Turbo motor that is also offered. Is it a NH or Case powerplant or are they outsourced. Just wondering, because International/MAN and now Detroit use a similar turbo setup.

Man, I want to be a farmer now. Those luxury cab options are nicer than some over the road trucks. Leather, carpeted floors (in a farm tractor?) up to six power points and auto steer:eek::notworthy

Anyone need a driver? You'll just have to teach me how to farm:D

Paystar, the Cursor is an Iveco incarnation, which is part of the parent company, Fiat.

I expect you've already found these links....but in case you haven't.....

Here's a nice Case -vs- Deere comparison.....

http://www.pressroom.caseih.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=newsreleases.display&newsid=263&productid=94

http://www.newholland.com/h4/products/products_series_detail.asp?Reg=NA&RL=ENNA&NavID=000001277003&series=8062911

http://www.caseih.com/products/series.aspx?seriesid=14&navid=105&RL=ENNA

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
Man, I want to be a farmer now.

no you don't...HAHA

as far as NH tractors go....junk

there are a few guys that tried them out here and hated them...one small time guy who did a lot of pasture mowing, etc... nearly went bankrupt because of the bills for his repairs, and he takes very good care of his equipment...so it wasn't neglect...he has since got rid of the NH and bought a Deere

another farming operation around here...pretty big operation...demo'd a larger NH tractor...in the 4 week demo they had the NH dealer had to send their service guy out twice to fix problems on this brand new tractor...needless to say, they didn't buy it

NH does however have top of the line hay equipment...the standard around here is Green tractors pulling red hay equipment....my buddies truck actually has a large Deere decal on the back window with a tiny NH decal right behind it

radd16

New Holland tractors are not junk. They are a industry leader when comes to ag tractors. All tractor break down, that doesn't mean they are junk.

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
New Holland's don't command much market share in this neck of the woods, and i'm assuming there is a reason. not a dealership issue either, one within 5mile. Digger got it right, there hay equipment is good.

radd16

Yeah New Holland isn't as popular in the states as it is else where. Deere is real big here, but Deere isn't as popular overseas. That being said, it's not hardly a reason to call them junk.

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
here is a thought on deere predominance in the states:

one of the reasons my uncle always claimed that deere had as much brand equity was that they extended credit to guys in the great depression. said the old timers never forgot that, and passed that respect on to younger generations. with that said it is pretty amazing what their stuff costs and how much some guys love paying that size of a bill.....

new hollands line of tractors represents a lot of brand changes and a lot of different business models. hard to get a following. also the resalability is less. doesnt make them bad, just not much of a going concern here....

Richardjw~

here is a thought on deere predominance in the states:

one of the reasons my uncle always claimed that deere had as much brand equity was that they extended credit to guys in the great depression. said the old timers never forgot that, and passed that respect on to younger generations. with that said it is pretty amazing what their stuff costs and how much some guys love paying that size of a bill.....

new hollands line of tractors represents a lot of brand changes and a lot of different business models. hard to get a following. also the resalability is less. doesnt make them bad, just not much of a going concern here....

Over with you maybe.....take a look at the European & 'Rest-of-World' markets and you'll see that New Holland is among the market leaders in many countries, not least because of its excellent range of combine harvesters.

Don't forget that there is an element of badge engineering between the red & blue product.
Lets face it Case has also been very successful all over the world not least in USA with Magnum tractors (read NH T8000), STX tractors (NH TJ/T9000), Axial-Flow combines & cotton harvesters.

As you seem to suggest the North American market has a lot of John Deere heritage with it and they are also masters at their product marketing

Last edited:

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
"Over with you maybe.....take a look at the European & 'Rest-of-World' markets and you'll see that New Holland is among the market leaders in many countries, not least because of its excellent range of combine harvesters."

hey now dang it, i said in the states!

at the end of the day i think each company has it strengths/weaknesses mainly on a product by product basis. with that said we run deere equipment, and i tend to think that as a whole they offer the best lineup in the usa. i dont always know if there lead is enough to justify the additional cost, but theres my opinion

now i'll talk out of the other side of my mouth and give an example of product by product comparison....

john deere couldnt make a disc to save their lives till about 5 years ago. those older models would leave a ridge no matter how you set the dang thing. we've always had a IH disc on our farm. just one of those things IH was better at...

go figure

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Two master of marketing the lifestyle. John Deere & Catipillar. You will see trucks with deere bumper stickers, and the driver has a deere outfit on. And you ask them a a simple deere question, they dunno.

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt

Occupation
Farmer

I'm going to have to go ahead and fully disagree with that statement. We have a fleet of 4 NH's, 4 Deere's, 1 Caseih Steiger, and a few old whites. We have found excellent quality in the NH's and as a result the last 4 tractor purchases have been blue. Price and dealer support were the major factors behind the decision.

We are in the market for a newer 4wd in the T9040 size and that particular tractor is up near the top of the list.

Warren

Attachments

• IMG_5142.jpg
    IMG_5142.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3,041
  • IMG_5437.jpg
    IMG_5437.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,345
  • IMG_5454.jpg
    IMG_5454.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,659
  • IMG_5760.jpg
    IMG_5760.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,775
  • IMG_5992.jpg
    IMG_5992.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,775

Richardjw~

Warren,

those T7000 series machines seem to be well received in many parts.....the word around 'town' (so to speak) is that CNH really got it right with these tractors

how cold is it up there with you now? South coast of U.K. is currently +10c and drizzly

Richard

Iron Horse

This is the same tractor as mine . I just could not imagine a better tractor , it is quiet , extremely economical , powerfull , comfortable and looks better than my car . I'm just doing a deal at the moment for a new one , something i would not do if i was not happy with the old one .

Attachments

• T5060_32.jpg
    T5060_32.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 365

maninsilver

no you don't...HAHA

there are a few guys that tried them out here and hated them...one small time guy who did a lot of pasture mowing, etc... nearly went bankrupt because of the bills for his repairs, and he takes very good care of his equipment...so it wasn't neglect...he has since got rid of the NH and bought a Deere

another farming operation around here...pretty big operation...demo'd a larger NH tractor...in the 4 week demo they had the NH dealer had to send their service guy out twice to fix problems on this brand new tractor...needless to say, they didn't buy it

NH does however have top of the line hay equipment...the standard around here is Green tractors pulling red hay equipment....my buddies truck actually has a large Deere decal on the back window with a tiny NH decal right behind it

Here is a little something. I know of a fellow who was parts manager for and agco dealership first. then john deere. and now new holland. He said quote, "the parts that moved most at john deere were mechanical parts/ hydraulic parts, where in new holland the parts the guys buy here are because they did something stupid and broke stuff.

Dude. new holland is not worse than johnny. period! John deere in my opinion is just like peterbilt. They are good but they are also OVERRATED.

Bobcat190

New Holland makes excellent agriculture products. Including really nice combines, but there construction equipment on the other hand isnt really quite up to par with other major brands.

daugherty102

Occupation
Equipment operator

John Deere makes their own egines all the way up to 600 h.p. i believe