• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

In search of laser distance meter with interface to tablet

Martin_W

Occupation
Construction
Hello

I need a laser distance measurer that can transmit distances to a tablet. I would prefer Android to IOS if possible.

Could anyone recommend a solution?
I am glad for your suggestions.
Thanx

Martin

Nac

Occupation
Construction
Hello

I need a laser distance measurer that can transmit distances to a tablet. I would prefer Android to IOS if possible.

Could anyone recommend a solution?
I am glad for your suggestions.
Thanx

Martin

I have a Leica Disto D8 that will connect with Bluetooth to my Android tablet. I use Redstick app but I believe Leica also has some apps.

Martin_W

Occupation
Construction
Thank you very much, Nac.

I guess the Disto D8 is the best. My budget isn't that big, so the search goes on. I found an interesting review on the Bosch GLM 100 C. The app suits for Android and iOS and that homepage claims that Leica Apps are available only for Leica's Distos.

Does someone reading here knows the GLM 100?

robblink

The Leica D810 is the new model. I got mine at engineersupply and have been very happy with its performance! It will connect to a laptop or tablet via bluetooth and works well.

Lasersplus

I know the Bosch GLM 100 C. It works with 2 apps that Bosch has out there. There is the GLM measure&document app and the GLM floor plan app. I've used both to give me a good visual of what I measured and to download the info to my computer in an excel file. I use it with my iPhone, but I know someone who uses it with their Android as well. I love it.