• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I'm back

PAwrestling#1

After being off here for probably now 6 to 9 Months I'm back so beware.. I have many old and need to (re)ask many questions on the Hydraulic pressures of my 1977 Case 580C. When I have more time to sit and sort out where I should start I will post these questions, just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let you know I'm still alive..Haha.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
GREAT, JUST... GREAT.. lol
Sense you left, a friend of mine bought 1.. I've been working on it and have a complete service manual on my computer..
I'll forward it to you...when I get home... NOT that we dont enjoy typeing..lol

PAwrestling#1

Well being Im not sure how to find old questions and answers on here I will once again state my issues and where im at with them. this hoe from the day I bought it never seemed to really have the digging power that I feel it should have. It has always had milky Hyd. fluid and just recently 3 leaky cylinders. I have them off and at shop getting new seals and fixed up. I know I spoke to people on here about flushing how too's but cant find. I have thoughts of while this is down for cylinders buying a new Hyd. pump but would that be a waste of money not really knowing if its bad. I would bet its weak but no clue how to check or where to check. I'm guessing its original pump but not sure. I know getting system sealed up is first step, and i guess flushing properly would be 2nd step. Oh and the leaking cyl's were one up front for bucket curl, one on side for bucket raise, and one outrigger. Any help,pic's, advice would be greatly appreciated. 1977 580C, mech. shuttle, 2wd machine. Thanks

PAwrestling#1

Ok going way back to possible suction hose leaks or middles colapsed. What type of hose are these. Is this something I can get at auto or tractor stores cut to length or is it specialized hose.