• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IH excavator

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
the dealership I work for took a IH excavator on trade today. !st one I have seen other then pics of them. I know of no others around these parts and was wondering if IH built it or was it sourced from someone else?

Did not get a chance to really look it over but it looks well cared for and the guys in the shop said it was a good tight machine.

anyone know anything about this machine...................

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I see a few of them on farms I think they were partners with a French company called Yumbo They had a few models incommon with Case/Drott machines to. www.polytrac.de may have a few answers on his English page. Most American desighned machines eventually too kup with Japanese excavators.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
when I said IH excavtor I should have said International Harvestor.

this one is a golden oldie......................................

cat320

Charter Member
Like every thing else they don't make them anymore so I would not be looking to buy it if I was you.Parts would very hard to come buy.

donlang

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner- full service excavating firm
I remember looking at a new IH excavator back in the late 70's. It seemed to be a good machine, but I didn't buy it because I was worried about customer support. I wound up buying a new JD 410 backhoe, which lasted me until I sold it and bought another new JD 410C 4x4 with extendahoe in 1990.

The International Harvester line was more common in the 60's and 70's. They also made backhoes,rubber tired loaders, small and large dozers, track loaders up to about 2 1/2 c.y. size, and some self loading scrapers (paddle pans). The big track loaders were "lunky", but I bought a 125E track loader (1 1/4 c.y.) and really liked it. Repairs were minimal, servicability was good, operator comfort was good for the time, and the operator that I had liked International Harvester highlifts.

IH560JL

Motrack, where is this unit? Still forsale? Looking to buy i.h. Yumbo excavators for service and restore. Thks jim

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Ih560jl, I hate to burst your bubble, but the dealership traded the hoe in 6 years ago... I doubt it is still on the lot.

patjames

help...Im in Tanzania Africa and Ive got to work with an old IH tracked excavator model 650 HD..STILL SMOKES AND WORKS consuming 12 litres engine oil and drinking the diesel ...and some loss in power.....can someone please help with a ny info or repair and parts site? Im in iringa Tanzania ..doing water projects....