• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

i need some of your opinions on pull-type scrapers..

9420pullpan

im looking for your opinions on pull-type scrapers. which company makes the best pan... Miskin, Reynolds, E-Ject, Deere, Icon, Terex (Noble), K-Tek, etc.. in my opinion i think that i would choose the E-Ject pan but i would want an accumulator for some ride control like the ashland pan......

E-Ject Systems
conexpo.JPG

Ashland
I-180TS-Track-Special6.JPG

Miskin
topload.JPG

Terex/Noble
00885090.JPG

Deere
1512e_scraper.JPG

Last edited:

9420pullpan

all i have ever ran are Deere 1810E. the older style are a little longer but are easier to load but clog upeasily, compared to the new style. the new style are a little shorter and harder to load but dont clog up, and the ejector goes out over the cutting edge.....

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Ashland vs Deere

We currently have ashland 180' pans that we pull with Quad Tracks. This week We tested a John Deere 9520 Tractor and a John Deere pan this week. The cutting edge on the ashland is easier to see than the john deere the deere's sits to far back. The Deere pan is eaiser to unload when you have a heaped load with wetter material; I like the four tires on the deere compared to the 2 on the ashland, it compacts the spoil pile better and there is less pumping and rutting of haul roads. Each pan has it's advantages but I would take the Quad Track over the tire tractor.

itsgottobegreen

Dumb question. Why does it seem like I see more and more farm tractors with pull pan running around. Are they better than a good old scraper???? :confused: Or is it just a cost thing. There is a company near me that has 20 or so cat scrapers. But last week I just saw two cat tracked tractors towing two pans each.

tylermckee

I'm totally ignorant on this subject but i would think that a tractor pulling 3 pans would cost less than 3 scrapers, use less fuel, only need 1 operator instead of 3, less to maintain, etc.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
From what I've read in industry magazines it's a cost issue. The farm tractors are less expensive that the dedicated machines and work just as well.

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Cost

The John Deere unit we tried was around $300,000 acording to the deere Rep we had at the job. last time I heard a 627 was up near $600,000

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
You would think the production of a Scraper would be greater. Out West I'm yet to see a Pull Pan, but they where starting to pop up in the Midwest. What about stock piling, how well does a Pull Pan stack up to a Scraper?

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Piles

It all depends on the type of material you are stacking if you have wet top soil the Quad Track will climb the piles where as 627's will not. We had some old Terex 14B's the tractor pans would run circles around them. In fact that is what the Quad tracks replaced. The operating costs on the Quad tracks are expensive that is why we are looking at rubber tire tractors. We still have (6) 627's that we use for big jobs.