• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I need help identifying this loader please.

IceHole

No wonder you moved to Alaska. Must’ve been looking for a warmer climate. I’m originally from Burnham.
That's near Waterville isn't it?

My grandfather had siblings that lived there in the 80s-early 2000s (all have passed now)

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
yes sir. Your family was in Waterville or Burnham?

IceHole

yes sir. Your family was in Waterville or Burnham?
Around Waterville. Possibly a town nearby. I just remember it being a huge deal when they visited, like they traveled from India ir something haha
Granted my folks and grandfolks pretty much have/will die in the area they were born. I'm the outlier that moved to "afar"

Novice Logger

Got these off the pump. So what I'm reading is that atf is a regular thing instead of hydronic fluid. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Hydraulic oil will be less expensive than ATF.
Commercial Intertech is very general on their lubricant recommendation. A 10wt or an AW32 will serve you well.

IMG_9774.jpeg

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Can't figure why my friend Steve won't part with this self loader, been setting for 20 years or so.
1982 KW W900 A model Cat---1/2" single frame rails on 52,000 lb hendricks SSHD's. Just setting
and rots a little more each day. Has about 375,000 miles on it.
View attachment 308840
That's because Steve won't part with anything!:D

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Sad thing is a lot of that stuff he's been sitting on has dropped in value so much that it's probably lost 70% of its value in the last 5 years