• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I Have Maintenence/operator's Parts and Service Manuals for a JLG 40FND

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
welcome artp! Make a couple more posts. You need 3 to unlock the private message feature on this site. Then you can send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you 40F manuals on PDF. :)

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Can someone send me a copy? Just acquired what appears to be a 40F, so far only one issue with it, using auxillary power, the boom lower does not seem to work very well..... Guess how I found that one out! Lol...
57pyro@gmail.com

Thanks,

Pyro

send you a set as soon as I get home from work today.

Rhino1961

OFF I see you may have the 40F manuals on PDF. I just bought one that someone messed with the bucket wiring and have made quite a mess. Any help would be appreciated.

Rhino1961

I have taken a few photo's of the machine. One major problem besides the bucket control is when trying to raise the boom the engine lugs down and will not raise or lower. Seems as if something is locked or working against it's self.IMG_20131114_115536.jpgIMG_20131114_120105.jpgIMG_20131114_120118.jpgIMG_20131114_120233.jpg

Rhino1961

OFF, I really appreciate any help on this that you may have. I have read through a lot of the other thread. There is a wealth of information within it. It will take me some time to sort out the bucket wiring. The schematic will help with that.

Rhino1961

OFF, I really appreciate any help on this that you may have. I have read through a lot of the other thread. There is a wealth of information within it. It will take me some time to sort out the bucket wiring. The schematic will help with that.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
It's a MOOG/MOOG!!! That's an old baby, but a good system and relatively trouble free

btw.....
that glass bulb full of mercury hanging down behind your engine goes up on the boom at the back. It controls your high engine & high drive

Last edited:

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
I had pulled it down to see if it effected the boom functions. which way is it suppose to mount wires aft or towards the boom?

wires towards the front of the boom, so the mercury makes a circuit when the boom is angled down. When the boom gets horizontal or above, the mercury breaks the circuit and you loose fast functions

Rhino1961

Update started working the wiring and found that a section along the boom over 6 feet has deteriorated so bad that most of the wires are exposed and very brittle. Also found that someone had reversed the positive and negative cables off the battery and had the hot attached to the engine block. Don't know how it was starting but would probably explain the burnt up alternator. Still no boom up down and rotation has stopped working.

OFF,

The manuals have helped a lot however they don't refer to the moog wiring on the bucket do I use the Racine or Bertea? The Racine seems to match the terminal boards within the bucket. But the Racine matches the control wiring closer. Will get the wire on order and rewire most all of the machine. Found a good source that is far cheaper than going through a dealer. Still will be quite a challenge but once done will be worth it.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
I don't have any kind of 40F Moog basket diagram, but I do have lots of 60F Moog stuff. I'm working on getting some into digital format so I can send it to you.

Basic troubleshooting - start at the controller, make sure there is power in and a ground, then make sure there is a signal out in both directions and follow that signal down the path.

Rhino1961

OFF,
Any assistance with the Moog info would be great. I plan to start taking the basket controls apart as I repair the box and rewire the whole machine. Will work on it this weekend if weather prevents us from traveling. If not I will get the wire on the way and get started after that. Any way to get an approximate year with the sn: 730226? Hope to get it all up and running to use for my project. I plan to repaint and will most likely sell once all is done.