• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I HATE Drunk Drivers!!

joedirt

Here are some pics of my latest drunk driver encounter. We were on our way to pick up some pipeline equipment last weekend in Odessa Texas. The accident happened just outside of town (about 3 miles to be exact) when this dirt bag ran a stop sign and T boned us. We figured we rolled about 4 to 5 times. I was in the passenger seat and basically walked away without a scratch (minor head trauma and sore as can be :dizzy:dizzy). My buddy who was driving received a 10 or 12 staples and some stitches. He is going to be ok as well. We both were very lucky.

Moral of the story, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT. I figure we would both have been tossed out if we hadn't been wearing them. This will make the 5th time I've been involved in a drunk driver accident. The last one I was running a blade when I was hit by a D.D and the police reports said he was going in excess of 80mph.

Just a side note, the driver of the car who hit us fled the scene and is still at large...:beatsme

Attachments

• P3200042.jpg
    P3200042.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • P3200048.jpg
    P3200048.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,204
  • P3200052.jpg
    P3200052.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,199
  • P3200055.jpg
    P3200055.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,191

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Glad your ok to bad about the Dmax that was a nice truck

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Wow he fled? That sucks a ton. My dad got rear ended by a drunk driver once, apparently didn't know what the brakes were...

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
How the heck did he leave the scene? What was he driving, a freight train? I am sorry about your luck. Looks like it WAS a nice truck.

joedirt

How the heck did he leave the scene? What was he driving, a freight train? I am sorry about your luck. Looks like it WAS a nice truck.

As I was climbing out of the window of the passenger side, I see and hear this car speeding off. The engine was revd so high it sounded as if the valves were floating. I got a good look at it and suspect they may have been somewhat traveling together. It couldn't have been more than a 15 seconds after the wreck when I saw the car going off. It didn't really dawn on me until the police showed up and said the driver was no where to be found.

He was driving a little Mitsubishi something or other. It looked as if the engine had been pulled out and set on the front bumper of his car. I guess they just hit us in the right spot. Were aren't totally sure but we think he hit us in between the truck and trailer.

joedirt

How fast where ya 'll going?

I'd say we were going about 50 when we started rolling. The posted speed on the road was 65mph. We saw the jerk headed into the intersection going really fast (100mph or so). We slowed way down thinking he was going to go through the intersection without stopping. It was strange because somehow he got the car to come to an almost complete stop. Then it seemed as if he just punched it at the last second and nailed us.

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
How tall was the driver of ya'lls truck? I'm 6'4" and I think I'd been in a heck of a bind had I been driving.
but thankfully ya'll made it out I one piece and can live to tell about it.

xkv8r

Your guardian angel has definetely been with you .That is incredible that you walked away .

scholzee

Certainly glad both of you are OK. If the guy was not caught how do you know they were drunk ? They could have been racing and not familar with the area, or maybe a stolen car. No justification for evre running hope they catch him.