• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

i got my first job

catwelder

Occupation
welder
so recently I started my own company after looking at everyone post about the experience question and it got to me everyone is learning no one will ever have enough experience to do everything it just takes time. so I went out started my company doing it on the weekends when I'm off because uncertainty but anyways I got my first job was a ditch clearing and a 1200 foot gravel driveway. I rented a pc 120 and a bobcat 550. all I can say about this is ill never rent a wheeled machine to do this again and I'm happy to say I actually turned a profit form this job.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Congrats on a successful first job. Probably a good plan starting on weekends for now. Best of luck to you.

Vetech63

so recently I started my own company after looking at everyone post about the experience question and it got to me everyone is learning no one will ever have enough experience to do everything it just takes time. so I went out started my company doing it on the weekends when I'm off because uncertainty but anyways I got my first job was a ditch clearing and a 1200 foot gravel driveway. I rented a pc 120 and a bobcat 550. all I can say about this is ill never rent a wheeled machine to do this again and I'm happy to say I actually turned a profit form this job.
You will learn as you go along! Welcome to the world of self-employment!!

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Congrats on a successful first job. Probably a good plan starting on weekends for now. Best of luck to you.
thanks honestly I should of went to cat and rented a 312 and a 259 would of got a discount for being cat employee plus ive always wanted to run a 259 next time tho

catwelder

Occupation
welder
You will learn as you go along! Welcome to the world of self-employment!!
yeah I actually have another job in a few weeks when im off for two weeks I got a small ditch clearing one day and a lot to clear and do a driveway so hopefully this can lead to a lot more and this becoming a full time thing vs when im off