• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I got a unique Machine

Occupation
Framer
have a faresin Houlotte Fh 3500/14 F is the model I bought last year. Having some boom issues. Not sure why it won't move. I even have my mechanic helping me. Hoping it's something simple and not the pump. The biggest issue I'm having is no knowledge of this particular machine. Any ideas? The valves all work. I have been learning about hydraulics trying to come up with a solution. I have not looked at the suction filter yet but that's my plan.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Does it sound like it's trying to lift or nothing at all ?

Last edited:
Occupation
Framer
The wierd thing is my outriggers we're working and and my osilation was too. But now the osilation works but super slow

f311fr1

Have you put a gauge inline from the pump outlet to the control valve? Pressure is resistance to flow so no pressure = no flow OR flow being bypassed back to tank.

Occupation
Framer
He did pressure tests I just wasn't sure how he did them I was there. I know he connected to the pump itself. Today the plan is to see if theirs flow. If the pump is bad you could hear it surging no?

Delmer

You're going to need a manual, or to do some figuring on the machine to see what controls what. A pic of the pump and the extent of the electronics would probably help too.

Most likely there's a mess of electrical switches in various points of the machine to control the safety system that aren't letting it do much. A pump that goes bad usually loses power gradually on all the functions evenly, unless something just broke, instead of wearing out. Letting it do some things but not others, and then none, seems more like malfunctioning safety system. The pressure and volume tests are only as good as your understanding of how the hydraulic pump works and what type it is. If your mechanic specializes in small block chevy's, or dodge cummins's then you might have to find a hydraulic mechanic.

How about your steering and travel, do they work at all? how are they driven?