• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I got a prodject done

Old Doug

My main torch is oxy propane but i have extra bottles regulaters and torches so i got stuff together for a oxy acetylene . I started building a cart sometime ago and finaly finished it today. Got a prodject finished and made a little more space. win win

Attachments

• IMG_20240428_193047.jpg
    IMG_20240428_193047.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 72

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
It's been a minute since I've seen Celotex aluminum faced insulation. :)

Old Doug

Its hard to say how long Dad had that stuff before we used it on this building . The building is around 20 years old and the house is about the same age. The house was built with some stuff he had stored for 30 years.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Its hard to say how long Dad had that stuff before we used it on this building . The building is around 20 years old and the house is about the same age. The house was built with some stuff he had stored for 30 years.
Used celotex to enclose 30x40 shop I built 25 years ago, couldn't afford all the rough cut hemlock at one time. Not only does it insulate but reflects interior light great, like having 2x the lights.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

Used too many sheets to remember back in the 80's and 90's in home construction. Really good material for insulation.

Old Doug

Nice cart, Doug.
Bigger tires, would be needed for someone that wants to move the set-up on soft surfaces.
Wheelbarrow tires maybe. Or even bigger than them.
I have 2 torches the other has better tires and is built heavier and is on propane. This cart i plan on keeping in the shop. I thought about using my other cart for this and building one with bigger wheels and a lifting hook. Right now i wheel it into the skid steer bucket to use it out side. One place i worked had a cart with 3 foot tall wood spoke wheels with metal rims . It was very heavy and defeated the purpose of the big wheels to heavy to roll on ruff ground. I rigged this up with acetylene so if i have to braze some thing and i like to torch weld stuff just to try different stuff.