• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I am somewhat confused

Bulldog Red

I'm trying to figure out if I have a TD-7 or TD-8.It measures,far as I can tell,54 in from centerline sprocket to sprocket which I am told means it is an 8.The serial number on the right side of the engine is 239.I can't seem to find the model number above the right final drive,was this a small stamping?The book says right rear mainframe area,but I haven't found it yet.Was the naturally aspirated D-239 used in both the 7 and 8 machines?

shopguy

Yeah they both had 239’s ,look at the tracks 7 has 6in pitch and 37 links 8 has 6 1/4 pitch and 36 links according to my old Burco book

Bulldog Red

Thanks for the info.I'm asking these questions because the machine is down on my son's property and I haven't been able to look at it personally,but I will this weekend.