• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I am looking to buy or trade shop service manual for CAT 963C

Joe Zhao

Hello, I recently purchased a 2004 CAT 963C, the serial number. I know sooner or later I have to look up the manuals for service or repairs.

Does anyone have the electronic version of the shop service manual for sale? I know I can buy a hard copy from a Caterpillar dealer, or eBay, but I am trying to get an electronic version that would be easier for me to do a text search.

I am open to trade as well, I have collected some service manuals and parts manuals for various machines, but not a big library.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Need the full Serial Number to identify the correct manual.

AFAIK the service manual is not available in electronic form, at least not from Cat anyway. So anything electronic that you might buy is likely to be a knock-off. Service Manual Pro might do a CD version but again a S/N would be required in order to check if they do one for your particular model.

Joe Zhao

See picture of the machine label. The for-sale listing shows the serial number: CAT0963CPBBD01133

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 7

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The applicable Service Manual is Cat Publication RENR5220. Cat only sell it in paper form.
I don't see anything up for sale on any of the usual web sites.
Service Manual Pro have it in paper or on CD - https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=BBD01133

The Parts Manual (not included in a Service Manual) is Pub Reference SEBP3169, the O&M Manual (usually included in a paper copy of the Service Manual, not sure about a CD) is SEBU7403.

Joe Zhao

The applicable Service Manual is Cat Publication RENR5220. Cat only sell it in paper form.
I don't see anything up for sale on any of the usual web sites.
Service Manual Pro have it in paper or on CD - https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=BBD01133

The Parts Manual (not included in a Service Manual) is Pub Reference SEBP3169, the O&M Manual (usually included in a paper copy of the Service Manual, not sure about a CD) is SEBU7403.
Very helpful. Thank you so much!

But the link you provided, the price is way more expensive than many other places, such as eBay.

So I searched and found a site that sells for a cheaper price $39.99 (compared to $777 at servicemanualpro.com).

https://www.aservicemanualpdf.com/d...ix-bbd-service-repair-manual-bbd00001-and-up/ - I just downloaded the manuals (over 4400 pages), it seems the manual is printed from CAT SIS, rather than CAT SEBU PDFs.

Last edited:

Joe Zhao

I am still looking for O&MM SEBU7403-05 for CAT 963C. Which I believe is around 200 pages or less.
But have bought/collected following:
Service Manual (over 4400pages), Parts Manual (726 pages), 3126B Engine Repair Manual (1135 pages), Parts Manual for 3126B engine (568 pages).
If someone has O&MM SEBU7403-05 for CAT 963C, I am willing to trade it for what I have described above.

Joe Zhao

In case you were not aware you can downlload a pdf copy of SEBU7403 from Cat for $49.

Thanks again! I haven't looked into that.
But I wait for a day or 2 to see if anyone has one who wants to trade. As I have collected so many manuals all at once, it will take some time for me to read and digest them.