• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hyundai R16-9 Mini Excavator 1.6 Acting Up

DKent

Hello. I own a Hyundai R16-6 excavator and yesterday while using it in the heat after a few hours my tracking in both directions went very weak on me, to the point that I could not crawl up a slight grade or have independent control of the tracks. I've owned the machine for a couple years now and it has about 1100 hours. I restarted it this evening and it seems like the major tracking problem was gone. Since day one I've noticed that the hydraulic pump (or something internal) will make a bit of whining noise of and on. Not terrible, but audible enough to notice. I changed the hydraulic fluid filter that is in the reservoir last year and it seems good on fluid level, checking it in the prescribed position.
Any ideas what would a possible heat related condition would highlight? I'm thinking of finally taking it into the authorized dealer / shop to evaluate, but hate to find it was something a novice like myself wasn't aware of....like switch to a different fluid or drain and fill with fresh fluid on a regular basis. I'm no equipment expert, but seems to always have tracked a little hokey between the two track levers, typically requiring some sort of engagement to both sides in order to bias in direction or the other. Thanks for any help / ideas you guys can lend. My apologies for the novel.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Dkent
This may help you to be informed even if the dealer makes a fix.Whilst it information of a general nature much will be applicable.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Weak crawlers P1.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 14

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Ommited I beleve your crawller (Track) valves are manually operated its worth making sure that the connection is affording full spool movement.
KR
Uffex