• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hyundai HL730TM Questions

HES

Just bought a HL730TM-3 and haven't gotten it back to the shop yet from the auction and have a few questions.... I am not at all familiar with 24v systems and this loader has the charging light on the dash lit and it seems to kill the batteries pretty quick. First instinct is bad alternator, so I start tracing wires to check for opens in circuit.

I come across a large solenoid looking relay that has been deemed to me as a battery relay??? Is this there version of a isolator?? Allowing equal charging to both batteries but not allowing batteries to equalize?

Any Hyundai guys around I would love some help with the issue. Thanks in advance!

sheepfoot

We have a 730tm-3 at work. It has the relay on the rh side between the engine and frame. I do have the service and parts books. You also have two panels behind the seat that has a lot of the relays and other elect parts, you should have a master switch also to the rt of the rear battery with a jump off stud. I will look in the elect section of the service manual. You could also have a bad cell in one battery not letting it charge, un hook the link cable between the batteries and check the volts on each and check the gravity on each so you have good info. The cab is also 24 volt, so don't use the cig lighter with any thing 12 volt.