• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hytorc Jgun dual speed

twr

Has anybody used one just wondering how they hold up.

crane operator

I helped some guys build a amusement ride tower and they had a cordless lithium hytorc multiplyer. Digital readout for the torque settings on the back of the gun. The installers loved it. No cords, hoses or anything. I think it went to like 2,000 ft. lbs.

I don't know if the installers really knew the cost of the tool, but they said above $10,000. Which sounded awful expensive to me.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I got a norbar pneutorque. Its consistent. If I'd gotten the larger tube, she'd have been a beast. Shes fine for inframes . Pulls up to 370 consistently with no effort on my part other than to move the socket.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We use Hytorcs for a lot of stuff, we just don't use that model. Nobody could ever call them cheap but IMHO they are good and stand up well to the type of treatment they get working in a rough tough dirty environment. That has to be worth something.

twr

I've found some used 1" and 1 1/2" just don't know if they have two lives in them.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I would personally class all power tools like Hytorcs, or even air impact wrenches as another example, as a consumable. They have a life, when the tool reaches the end of its life toss it and buy a new one. it's all part of the shop operating cost.
If it's a personal tool the upside it that it's likely to get treated a lot better and last longer, but at some point it will still be beyond economic repair and have to be tossed.