• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hyster “yarder” winches info please

ChrisUK

Morning all, would anyone have information, literature or pics of Hyster “yarder” winches that were fitted to the back of Caterpillar D8 / D9 tractors ?
Thanks Chris

ChrisUK

I'll ask for this to be moved to the dzer section Chris. There are a couple of guys who frequent that section who know plenty about winches.
Ok thanks @Nige was not sure to put it in here as maybe forestry related but obviously dozer related too thanks

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Hyster D8 tractor donkey winch on a 14A D8. Winch would have originally been on a 8R D8 in ww2. As name tag had a anchor emblem and US7 on it, in reference to US navy 7th fleet in the pacific. They were a friction disc clutch and band brakes to control the 2 drums. Hyster and Carco both made these mobile hauler drums.

Attachments

• D8 1.jpg
    D8 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 29

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Hyster D8 tractor donkey winch on a 14A D8. Winch would have originally been on a 8R D8 in ww2. As name tag had a anchor emblem and US7 on it, in reference to US navy 7th fleet in the pacific. They were a friction disc clutch and band brakes to control the 2 drums. Hyster and Carco both made these mobile hauler drums.
Uniquely NZ photo , tractor tray sheep crate and a water trough . How much rope capacity does it have ?

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
yeah; it was a hillbilly heathen scoundrel of a caveman that owned it. It got cut up for scrap a few days later
R sole of a .. . . . didn,t want anyone to have it. I was after the D4N winch that was on a 7U D4 he had; but no that went for scrap too. And i offered him twice scrap value at the time !
But in answer to your question; i 'think' bottom drum held 660 ft of 1" rope

Reactions: JPV

ChrisUK

@D6 Merv thankyou