• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HYDRAULICS QUESTION in NH

rzacc

GREETINGS ALL. I have a 'new' old L325 NH Steer. It suddenly quit lifting it's arms. I just got this unit, and the fluid which was very low. I filled it, and the lift arms Quit working, but the dump works fine. Once in a while the lift will work, but intermittantly. When I activiate it, it does draw the engine rpm's down, telling me that the pump and control valve are working.....but that's about all. Anybody have any ideas as to whether or not an air bubble in the system would casue this? If so, how do I bleed it? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Ron Z

rzacc

Thank you, sir, for the reply. I found out, much to my embarassment, that these units have a safety that prohibits the movement of the lift unless there is weight on the seat. And, if the connections or switch is bad, it will not life. Duhhhh/ Thanks!
Ron