• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hydraulics oil for a cat 955l

johnmelissas

I saw some threads in this forum where they say that we must use 10 w oil for hydraulics for the 955l.I know that 10 w isn t the same as tellus oils what s your opinion?sorry for my english

AllDodge

My service manual does say to use 10W mineral oil. Now my manual is old and produced around when the machine was made (guessing). It doesn't mention zinc based oils but I know zinc is a good thing for reducing wear. The Shell Tellus oils has two option with a zinc base so I would say they should be good for your machine. Think I'll look further into them and may use them my self in the future.

http://s05.static-shell.com/content/dam/shell-new/local/country/aus/downloads/pdf/lubricants/tellus/shell-tellus-product-family-brochure.pdf

johnmelissas

Any idea for clean all the system it has water in it.the oil is milked.i can t find where came the water into the tank.

AllDodge

Take the side cover off the tank and use some diesel to clean it out. Then wipe it out and put some fresh oil in it