• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic wheel motor?

Welder Dave

Picked up the wheel motor for my skid steer today. Came on schedule and total cost was less than $2200 (cad) including shipping and GST, Dealer wanted $2872 ($3015 with GST) and supplier had no stock. Checking with a local hyd. shop lead time is 80 days from Eaton. Motor is supposed to be a replacement for OEM motor but there is no tag on it. I wonder if it has no tag so people can't shop around for a better deal? The other replacement motor had an Eaton Char Lynn tag on it and it came from the dealer but was only $1300 at the time. I wonder if the shop that stocks the motors specifically orders them without a tag? Is there a way to verify if it's an Eaton Char Lynn motor? Motor was very well packed with large molded foam packs around it. Going to be fun putting it in. It's about 6" square, weighs about 70lbs. and comes out the bottom hopefully. To come out the top would require taking lots of stuff apart. I should see if my cheap engine crane will fit it the cab to support it.

https://www.loaderpartssource.com/other-brands-parts/hydraulic-drive-motor-for-thomas-oem-22581.html