• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic problems on John Deere skid steer

Jason Warren

I have a 320 skid steer that is having a Hydraulic issue. I can release the park brake and the machine will drive properly, but the bucket will not curl or the boom will not raise or lower. If you make the machine bounce it will start working. What could be the cause for this?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Jason;)! Like Paul said, a serial number is a must. Definitely sounds like we are heading to the lockout system.

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
I agree that it sounds like a seat belt switch or a seat switch.On the hydraulic control valve spools there are 2 lock out solenoids.You have to take the floor board out to see them.( its a u shaped cover in front of the seat) I seem to recall a service news letter about a change up on those solenoids.But the seat switch was also a problem for an operator under 200 pounds.you may have to put some rocks in your pockets.

Kemper

currently having an issue with a 329 b serial #t00328b123484 they sent to dealer after it died, dealer said no issues after blowing out fuel lines. came back to site died. back to Deere, couldn't find issues but could not get running. customer loaded up machine and brought back to there shop after months of no progress. new fuel lines filter and inline filter installed. no start persisted. we arrived raised machine, found adequate fuel to block as its integrated fuel system. after fully charged battery lots of black smoke but battery drops down to under 9v as it seems there is a load. bought new battery just to confirm issue was not battery, and it dropped it down to same voltage, now the units left tires spin through brake, while trying to turn over unit. am I thinking to far ahead to remove hydraulic pump? i believe issue of no start is load from pump. my first process would be to decouple pump from drive and start engine to confirm. cant seem to find much in service advisor for tests