• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Problem With Pilot Controls

epd2020

I was just reading my Cat 312BL service repair manual and it states in the first part of the hydrolic section that you must bleen the air out of the body / valve after changing the Hydrol fluid and filters. there is a simple hex nut on top of the block and you loosen that after turning off the engine and lowering the boom, and release the air. I am going to try this on my cat312 because it runs great everything fine except for i cannot turn right or left even on flat ground when its running. only when it first starts and is cold i can turn a little while driving. I also have no power climing a slight hill over 10% grade it just stops, no power in travel motors. I will check filters, hydrolic level and then will get pressure gauges, if any ideas let me know