• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic pressure issue

colson04

Procedure for checking low and high pressure systems is listed in the service manual . If I get a couple minutes, I'll pull my manual out and post the information for you. The manual calls out flow and pressure ranges at low and high idle speeds.

colson04

Also, Delmer is correct about there being a priority valve. It gives backhoe, brakes and power steering priority over loader function. Why? Because you aren't supposed to be operating backhoe while driving the machine, but you most likely are driving while operating the loader. In the event of a hydraulic pressure loss, the priority valve stops flow to the loader only so you can safely stop/steer the machine.

JCDirt

Procedure for checking low and high pressure systems is listed in the service manual . If I get a couple minutes, I'll pull my manual out and post the information for you. The manual calls out flow and pressure ranges at low and high idle speeds.
Thanks.

sbarrett

Occupation
engine builder ,machinist
just to add to what information you are getting from other members, i have also heard of the relief valve for the transmission filter,being stuck open by a piece of debris,might want to check that also.

colson04

Here's part of the hydraulics information from my manual. The manual says it's for a 310A & 310B.

Attachments

• Deere 310A Hydraulic System.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

colson04

Here's some more.

It's a bit of reading , but well worth it if you're turning wrenches yourself on your machine. I would upload the entire hydraulics section but I neither have the bandwidth or time to scan every page :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Deere 310A Hydraulics Troubleshooting.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 10

JCDirt

269BC1DC-F654-43CC-9A02-F1C7E8D7CECC.jpeg 12557F76-3D6A-49E5-B77C-187D644FC924.jpeg 5F119697-51A3-429D-95A8-3110440F2979.jpeg Hey guys I finally got a chance to get back to work on the backhoe. After thinking about everything you guys told me and Shane I decided to revisit the filters. Although I had changed them all but not at the same time I wanted to rule out restricted flow due to one or more of the filters being stopped up. So I started back tracking with the filter I found the most debris in so I pulled the vertical filter and it was clean then I pulled the horizontal filter and it was clean also. I remembered Shane or someone on this site saying it could be trash in the relief valve so I pulled the relief valve and found a piece of brake material holding the valve open. I cleaned the sleeve, reassembled installed filters and now everything functions as it should even at low idle. Thanks everyone for your help.
Correction...I read back through the post and it was SBarrett that provided the information concerning checking the relief valve for trash. Thanks SBarrett

Last edited:

JCDirt

8B398D92-FDCD-449A-BD05-014B8F39FF02.jpeg
just to add to what information you are getting from other members, i have also heard of the relief valve for the transmission filter,being stuck open by a piece of debris,might want to check that also.
Yes and that is exactly what it was...a small piece of brake material. Thanks come by and see me sometime.

sbarrett

Occupation
engine builder ,machinist
glad you got it fixed,i came by one day a couple weeks back, but didnt see you outside,but i will stop by again,congratulations,