• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Oil used in JD 892D-LC Excavator

Weapon

Sorry if this is an old topic but I was unable to find any information using the search feature. I'm new to the forum and have a JD 892 D-LC excavator and I've done a fair ammount of repair work to it and need to top up the Hydraulic oil before I go to work with it clearing a farm acreage. Would one of the members please help me by repling with any information to this question. I will be working in temps of 30 to 80 degrees F and would like to get to work with it in the next few days. Previous owner I believe said he used 10W which I believe is close to SAE 32 but it is a well worn machine and not sure if this was the OEM recomondation or just what he used.

Thanks in advance for your help, John

Accudraulics

AW32 for the winter/summer in the summer if working above 90F you should use AW46, if you keep the machine in a heated shed while not in use during the winter you could use AW46 year round.

Weapon

Thanks Accudraulics, I sort of assumed that this would work, of course JD said to use their torq Guard product @ $97/20 liter pail, instead of AW32 @ $60.00.

Thanks again, Weapon

KNUTSON

I have a koehring 1980 866E track hoe and the hydrolics are slow and wonder if that is just normal for a machine of this size or is there something |can do to speed it up?
knutson

buckfever

Weapon, if you go to a NAPA the pn for your fluid is 85-405. thats a five gallon bucket of hy-guard oil thats what we use in all our jd equipment.