• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Oil Recommendations

CFry

I know the question has been asked, but I have climbed through the bowels of the internet without a concise-ish answer. I have a series 1 Case 450ct. Getting ready to replace the seals in all the cylinders, and was trying to sort out what the best deal was on hydraulic oil. If Case oil works the best, I will purchase that, but if there are other 10w30 options out there, I would pursue those as well. I understand automotive oils, and modifiers/additives, but tractor requirements seem like Voodoo to me. Example. Traveler Premium reads like it has a Case compatible additive already in it, but the standards have been difficult to research. Is there a good bulk alternative that I could use, or one that meets the spec with the additive already present? Not trying to short change myself, but dont like giving my money away. Will purchase the additive separate of a good bulk oil if that is the best path.

Thanks for any input.

Chuck