• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Issue on Wacker Neuson 28Z3

Flumes

Just bought a used 2010 Wacker Neuson 28Z3. Hour meter said 630 hours so I figured it was a good deal for something to play with around the yard.

The issue Im having is I can lift the machine with the blade but I cannot lift the machine with the bucket.
Seems it has very little power.
Also noticed when I push the stick out or bring it towards me, sgain…very little power.

The machine travels great in lowand high speed.

Where do I start troubleshooting?

Im new to this mini ex world so go easy on me.
Thanks in advance.

ozarkag

Do you have access to a pressure gage? Also will need the fitting to connect to the test port(s)

Flumes

Do you have access to a pressure gage? Also will need the fitting to connect to the test port(s)
Im thinking a test gauge kit I found on Amazon might be worth it. Its a couple hundred bucks but compared to the rate they charge at the diesel mechanic shop around here, I think it will save me a bit of money. Plus, I’ll learn something I hope

Flumes

Put gauges on all four pump test ports and all pressures are very close or bang on the recommended settings.

Should i put a gauge on each of the cylinders also?

ozarkag

If your gauge is reading main pump pressure you should be able stroke each function and record the pressure. If you have a low port relief it will show up.

Flumes

If your gauge is reading main pump pressure you should be able stroke each function and record the pressure. If you have a low port relief it will show up.
Nothing is showing up. Put gauges on both stick and boom cylinders and both are matching pump pressures both extended and retracted.

Weird