• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic fluid pouring into crank case. 20Z 953A

Matthew

Occupation
Carpenter
After noticing filling my hydraulic fluid low for the second time in a couple hours, with nothing showing on the ground, I have discovered it has found a new home in my engine crank case. I am under the impression that the hydraulic pump is bad, and the fix is removal and rebuild of the pump. I plan on having Cat rebuild the pump, but pulling it myself. I could use some help with a location of the pump itself, any thoughts on how to approach removing the pump, anything I should clean while I am there, and anything else you guys feel like sharing. Thanks in advance for your help.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
Hi Matthew hydraulic pump is on the side of engine held on with two bolts. drain the hydraulic tank. drain is behind the small door on the front of machine should have a short piece of hose on it. remove two hoses from pump and un bolt it they are fairly easy to remove id change the filters and fill with new oil the change filters again after running 40 hrs or so.

kbeen

c308339 953 engine.gif This is a picture of your front housing on your engine. you can see the oval shapped plate on the right rear of the picture. this is where your hyd. pump should be mounted. as far as cleaning it would be a good time to change the hydraulic oil and filters if you have not just recently done so. good luck.

Matthew

Occupation
Carpenter
I removed the pump from the tractor today, it was a piece of cake. (Thanks guys) Once again thank you for the help, I didnt even know where to start.