• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic Fluid out of 277B Engine Compartment

Jordon

Occupation
Student, Project Manager
Does anybody know any tricks for cleaning lots of hydraulic fluid out of engine compartments?

Our 277B blew a hydraulic hose last week while I was spreading #57 rock. The hose blew inside the engine compartment and the engine, muffler, everything got soaked. Luckily I noticed and shut the machine off before things got out of hand.

I want clean the hydraulic fluid out before I start working again. I know we've got some real thinkers on this forum...

Lee-online

We pressure wash after soaking with a degreaser. Don't wash a hot engine with cold water. it can shock and damage the injection pump.

Pull the small access covers to let the debris leave the engine compartment.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
purple power or castrol super clean , you can get it at walmart. carefull on nice paint , used full strenth some paints it will etch the shine! best grim cleaner I have found. Pour it in a spray bottle full power and use rubber gloves (it will burn your skin if its on it for more then a few mins). spray areas you want clean and let it soak in for 5~10 mins , keep wetting that area dont let it dry and pressure wash off .