• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hydraulic cap and plug set

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
I need to do a bunch of hydraulic work on my Takuechi TL130. Change out hoses, rebuild gear pump, change filters, pilot valve etc, and id like to pick up a cap and plug set. Any one know what type to get?

azvacs

Occupation
Construction Co. Owner/Mechanic
The kits never have enough of what you need and are over-priced. I recommend purchasing what you need as you tackle your project. Parker is a good source.
I’m sorry but what is Parker?

Vetech63

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
On bigger jobs at the dealerships, like certified rebuilds, we were allowed to order caps & plugs which were invoiced. Those were saved after the job to build up our cap & plug kits. With the push for contamination control, that practice was encouraged at the time.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Most of what's in my box was accumulated over years of working.

If you need them now I'd suggest assessing what you need for this job and just go out and buy it all from a supplier and put it in a container of your choosing.

crane operator

I wish I was as rich as you! I'm still a poor
I seriously think those kits are some of the best money I've spent. Blown hose out in the field and just grab the plug and cap kits and some wrenches and go. In my disaster area of a shop, its one of the few organized things I own. And now I get made fun of about it. :(

Good thing its friday, otherwise I would stew about this all week long. :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If you just have one machine, in this case a Tak, you just need to identify the type of fitting you have, my guess would be British Pipe Parallel but you should confirm, and purchase that type, pretty much any hydraulic hose shop will have a supply of plugs and caps available for purchase.

Bluox

If you just want to keep dirt out and oil drips at bay Cat sells a big kit of plastic plugs in a 2-sided plastic box that fits all the different types of fittings.
Bad Bob

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
I just order the kits in the cheap plastic boxes on amazon then toss them in Milwaukee organizers.

If you don't want to wait on an order Alternative Hose usually always has kits in the store, or go to Hose Power and give them an organizer and tell them what you want in there.