• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hydra Tilt bucket or power tilt for 4000 lb mini

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
I 'm in the market for a ram style tilt bucket or a power tilt style for my 4000lb bobcat 323, I was wondering if any one had any info on these products....its hard to find tilt buckets for something this small, but Helac makes a powertilt unit that looks pretty sharp and it looks fairly compact and streamlined. has anyone used the helac power tilt.....they look nice so they are probably costly.

pondo

I think u will find the helac system is equal value to your machine.
Bobcat has two models available at a lot more reasonable price range and they r available used already w x attach. Was offer one local $2500...but have too many toys...I mean attachments now.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
Thanks for the thoughts pondo
I contacted my local bobcat dealer and they were a little fuzzy on whether the 2 bobcat models would fit my machine, it is a small machine and the salesman was unsure if the weight of the clean up bucket and the tilt apparatus would be a bit to much. The smallest Helac tilt apparatus without a bucket only weighs about 77 pounds which the machine could handle. I have a feeling the helac is pretty costly

pondo

I used to have a Bobcat 322, asked dealer for cleanup bucket and got same story. So I Had a custom small/short x 36"wide fabricated with smooth edge cleanup/ditching.
Loved it great for peeling sod from topsoil and preparing pads!
I think paid for it self moving topsoil.
Had to careful digging over the tracks.
Long story short I would find one to demo.
U might struggle with attachment plate ie yours is two pins ?
Tilt will be X attach...I would never go back to two pin system.
Give up lift weight to have x attach

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
I do have a 2 pin attachment style
My bobcat dealer can find me a 2 pin clean up bucket for around 500$ I think he said it was 29" wide which would be fine for me, I want the bucket for stripping sod and topsoil and prepping bases for stone patios and walkways. I would like a tilt for some finish grading. I also would like to have some sort of quick exchange like the x attach. I think you are right about sacrificing a little lift power for the x attach system. 2 pins are a pain in the neck....I have some pretty good fabricators in my area and might have to get them to build me something.
How heavy was your 322? My 323 is a little less than 4000lbs

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I bought one from Rockland this Winter for my Tak excavator, although I am not sure if they build one for that small of a mini ex. Its really well built. Better built than anything I could find and the price was comparable.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
Thanks for the heads up KSSS, I will check out rockland. I 've seen some pretty small tilt units on the Tak tb016 or the next size smaller machine that Tak makes. These tilt units were all from companies in australia and over seas....maybe there is more of a market for these things over seas. what size machine and tilt bucket combo do you use.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
Hey KSSS
I just checked out rockland and it looks like the smallest they make is a 42 inch tilt.... looks like a nice unit, but it would break my machine in half....hahah

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
LOL! Yea mine is 13K machine. I didn't look to see how small they go, kinda surprised 42" was the smallest. Sorry about that. You might try Werk Brau.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
haha 13 k....thats 3x times what my unit weighs...I think I recall looking at werk brau and they don't make a small enough unit as well, I also checked amulet and I am still waiting to hear back from helac powertilt. At this point it might be easier to buy a little bit bigger machine that is easier to find a tilt unit for....hahaha!!! does this forum have a fund-raising section????

pondo

Bobcat makes an pin on x attach adaptor depending on stuff around $500. I sold mine used for couple hundred. Then u have standard bobcat quick attach and access to current style system for all bobcat stuff.
322 was approx 1.6ton 3600lbs and I had a custom 36" ditching bucket, auger and breaker hb680 (this was little heavy but made $$)
In short term used smooth 29" is fair price and will make u $$$

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
thanks Pondo!
it sounds like your 322 is about the same size as mine. I have to make a trip to my bobcat dealer and see what they can come with for the x attach, or go on ebay or equipment trader....

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
I finally heard back from the Helac Power tilt guys, and to get a unit sized for my machine, they would have to custom fab it and it looks like it might cost in the 3000 $ range...that doesnt include the bucket or any sort of quick attach/pin on coupler, and it might take 60 days to build. The sales/service rep I talked to was super helpful and nice. I will keep on looking for some other cheaper or more readily available units.

pondo

Funny enough customer called this am and want my machine with tilt attachment today!
So I called bobcat dealer $5200 new and they have well used one $2650.
My customer is paying rent on the hydratilt for next two days so.....wait and see.
Murphy if ur interested in used on PM and I will send u details etc.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
yeah!
Send me details, I would like to see whats out there
Thanks!
SInce you sold your machine, are you going to get a new one???