• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hyd head scratcher.

Cam85

Series 1 d7r had gremlin in the hyd system touch the rippers blade would tilt touch the blade rippers would go down.
Cameron's soultion pull entire valve bank out strip and replace all o rings springs seals the lot did that spools look good can't find anything wrong all back together again did linkage set up all the needel rollers and all problem gorne but now the ripper lever is so dam stiff u need to b h man to move the darn thing seems to b tight in the spool anybody got any idears it's got me stumped

Cam85

Did one at a time to prevent that all 4 pulled as 1 unit broke down on bench one at time laid out and remained in order clean as Kleenex

Last edited:

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi there are three long bolts holding valve bodies together. sometimes from the factory there is a small shim on one of the bolts near a valve section. this is because of tolerances in machining parting faces
loosen one bolt at a time and see if it makes a difference, if it does measure gap with feeler gauge and install small shim around that bolt at that section

Mark

Cam85

Bloody brilliant I'll do that thanks mate I know I mixed those blots up to let's see what happens