• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HUSQVARNA or Stihl chainsaw poll

what chainsaw is the best?

• HUSQVARNA

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • STIHL

Votes: 49 61.3%

• Total voters

chroniekon

I bought an 031 Stihl back in the mid 70's. It has cut 3-4 cords every year. I put new crankshaft seals in it a few years ago. Still a joy to use.

lall1947

I've owned several saws over the years, Pioneer, McCulloch, Remington, a Sachs-Dolmar KMS 4 -- probably the single most powerful and least vibration saw that I personally owned. The Sachs with the Wankel engine was a pure joy to operate. Ate any kind of wood without slowing down a bit and was by far the easiest on my hands. It did love it's fuel though, I ran a Pioneer at the same time and it would keep me in the woods for about a half hour longer than the Sachs. In the mid-seventies a friend of mine and I sold and serviced the Sachs Wankel KMS 4 and we must have marketed about a hundred of them altogether. They were about half the price of comparable saws and held up very well. At the time, Sachs was the largest seller of chain saws in the world.

I don't have the saw anymore. My brother "borrowed" it and that was the end of it. I see now that they are a collectors item.
My method to keep my saw in good working condition is to NEVER lend it.Jost say no.

munro45312

For an easier starting, the STIHL chainsaw features an ErgoStart system. On the other hand, Husqvarna chainsaws feature a quick-start system which allows the user to start the machine easier and faster.