• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Huh, never thought of this

lantraxco

Well, if that's for real and they actually drive it down the road I would say stupidity knows no bounds, LOL :eek:

gravelwasher

Occupation
mineral mining
I saw a medium size pickup that was towing a full size dually that had a goose neck with a small front end loader on it. It was driving I77 north in NC.

Delmer

Hey Randy, isn't that legal in Iowa?

Really the only way they could get into trouble is if that uhaul truck has any brakes, then they're dead.

Randy88

I don't think its legal in any state, certainly not in Iowa, the first way to get into trouble would be if it left their driveway, after that......................................

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is this. One can pull multiple trailers, but the first trailer has to be connected to the tow vehicle by a 5th wheel type coupler. He could unload the pickup and 5th wheel camper trailer, hook the car hauler up to the back of the 5th wheel camper, and then load the u-haul on the car trailer. doesn't really matter though, both ways are dangerous as @#$%.

farmerleach

Yep its for real. Theres a video of that floating around going down the road. I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Randy88

Biggrader, you give it a try and I'll watch from a distance, I'm thinking neither way would be even close to legal on any issue, the double hitch has stipulations, I used to pull a double hitch years back, no matter how its stacked that wouldn't qualify as a double hitch in my area.

Randy88

I'd like to see the expression on the cops face when he first saw it, then what happened next would also be a photographic moment.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Wow now that thinking. Can't say that I wouldn't try it after all its a rental.;)