• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hows your business doing??

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I've got a parking to fine grade for sub-base with the saturated ground and rain/freeze cycle we have been in, I don't know when I can get back on it.:bash

lantraxco

My parts sales have been basically dead for four months now, I'm assuming because nobody's working, they're not breaking anything. :(

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I've got a parking to fine grade for sub-base with the saturated ground and rain/freeze cycle we have been in, I don't know when I can get back on it.:bash

All of my jobs are on hold as well. Our wonderful black clay is saturated... more rain today and sleet coming down right now. I've gained ten pounds and watched about as much netflix as I can handle. I'm more than ready to get back to work.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I feel your pain fellas.. I'v been sittin on my butt for 28 days straight.. and NOW.. Holy Smokes.. I'm runnin from 1 end of the state to the other..
I worked on a 125' yacht today.. what a beautiful thing.. 80* and a 13mph wind..
tomorrow is 100% rain and Friday is hi of 45*.. Go figure..???

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
JNB, we're supposed to get the sleet tomorrow, highs in the 30's. It has rained so much that I don't know what dry dirt is.

ShireyLumber

Things are slowing down right now. The lumber market is flooded and the weather here has just broke so the snow will be gone soon hopefully.
Problem is that overseas markets really dictate our sales and the Chinese buyers are TOUGH to make happy.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Ever since my back went out and I've had surgery, the phone never stops ringing..
I have to shut it off when I want to get some rest and back on to check msgs..
Sitting here in a chair watching tv is making me feel sick..
Just thinking about the thousands I'm passing up each week is making me depressed..
I guess I should be thankful I have a good woman to take care of me tho..
Even IF I was feeling better, I have no place to work... 2 days before my surgery, my whole shop went up in flames..!!!
As the saying goes.. when it rains, it pours..

On a side note..
My neighbor has the same back problem.. He's retired and travels a lot.. The day before my surgery, he tells me he's headin' to FLA to get HIS BACK DONE..
Well he called today, and asked about mine and how quick the operation was from apt to actual surgery.. told him about 4 days.. apt on Monday, cut on Friday, home on Saturday..
He's been in FLA for 2 weeks..WAITING FOR AN APPOINTMENT..!!!!!
He said he'll be back Sunday to get the phone # of MY DR..Lol

Dickjr.

Damn . That's a bad streak for sure. Hopefully your back will get straightened out. I have a friend that pours concrete , by his self. He had a bulging disc , keep on working. I told him if he didn't quit it would push out and he'd be paralyzed. He stills pours by his self. He does flat work and will pour up to 150 yards a week. Does an excellent job to boot. That's bad deal on the shop. I hope your insurance takes care of it with out giving you a load of crap. The fall before last we remodeled our basement , 25 grand worth , it flooded a little over a year later , we just got most of the repair done last week. My insurance said they had to depreciate what had been done. The adjuster came back this time I was point blank on everything and then some. He put in his report He felt threatened in my presence. He should have. I stared that SOB down from arrival to departure. They allowed 40$ for me to hire someone to clean the tile flooring in the utility and bathroom. Who is going to come clean my tile for 40$? Hope things get better for you.

NC289

Work has been steady in Southern California for us. Beginning of the year was holding, but thanks to the drought and water restrictions now people are ripping up their yards to landscape in dirt and rock. When that takes off we might actually have to hire more people. :O