• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to reset/clear "Check Alternator/Battery" warning light on 2011 John Deere 85D?

Serega

I just got done replacing my alternator and batteries on my 2011 John Deere 85D. It starts like a clock and runs good, however my "Check Alternator and Battery" warning light/massage is still on every time I am about to start the machine. It doesn't stay on... but it is always on before start. I am just wondering if it needs to be reset/cleared some how, maybe by pressing some button combinations on the display or something. Does anyone know? Thanks.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Deere does not use model "years" so a serial number should be used instead. How about posting a picture of what you are seeing. Measure your key on engine off battery voltage and post. With that being said it is common for the light to be on when keying on. Then it should go out after start up.