• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to get PA highway mowing contracts

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Anyone on here do comercial interstate highway mowing in either NY, PA, or MD? I'm looking to get into it and looking for advise from someone that into it already. Possibly looking to be a sub under someone else. Appreciate any advise you all might have.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
18' flail mower pulled by 10 tons and 130 horses of massey fergson, thats the smallest lawn mower I have. Well not really, there is a 10' rotary that goes behind a 90hp International. Be glad to though if the lawn is big enough.

Last edited:

nitrox2595

I think that these contracts would be listed by the state's DOT. I know that the Palisades Interstate Parkway has had a contract to mow and pickup litter for about 10 years. The company is actually call Dandrow's Painting!. I would contact the PA and NY DOT and see if they have anything coming up for bid.