• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to assemble cat 312 hydraulic pump mount to fly wheel...

anuradha

20191227_124152.jpg 20191227_124038.jpg
20191227_123912.jpg pump.

Hi.we had some issue with our cat 312 hydraulic pump mount and we had to replace some parts.but now we want to know the correct procedure of reassembling pump to fly wheel end.please help us.

Thank you.

Cmark

The bolts circled are actually pins. They are probably seized in the remains of the coupling. Unscrew them as best you can, free them from the aluminium chunks then screw them back into the flywheel. The new coupling is assembled to the pump shaft and slides over the pins when you mate the pump to the bellhousing.

drive.jpg

anuradha

The bolts circled are actually pins. They are probably seized in the remains of the coupling. Unscrew them as best you can, free them from the aluminium chunks then screw them back into the flywheel. The new coupling is assembled to the pump shaft and slides over the pins when you mate the pump to the bellhousing.

View attachment 207469

Thak you sir for your reply. Serial no is 7DK00657 and i think it is very close to the 6GK... Modles as well.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Thak you sir for your reply. Serial no is 7DK00657 and i think it is very close to the 6GK... Modles as well.
This is the third time in less than a month that this question has come up regarding 312 excavator 7DK-prefix machines. Mechanically your machine Serial Number 7DK00657 is similar if not identical to a 6GK-prefix machine PROVIDED that you use a Serial Number that is BELOW 6GK00392 when ordering parts.

NOTE: Much higher numbers of 7DK-prefix 312 excavator than your machine would be similar to a 6GK machine with Serial Number ABOVE 6GK00393.

anuradha

Si
Always, always, always check crankshaft endplayView attachment 207527 after reinstalling the pump assembly. Always.
Sir thank you for your reply.
I need to know that what do you mean by crankshaft endplay and how do we check it.
And i need to know after installing hub and coupler to the pump shaft can i insert the pump with installed hub and coupler together to the flywheel bolts.is that enough just inserting pump to the flywheel bolts.
Thank you.

anuradha

This is the third time in less than a month that this question has come up regarding 312 excavator 7DK-prefix machines. Mechanically your machine Serial Number 7DK00657 is similar if not identical to a 6GK-prefix machine PROVIDED that you use a Serial Number that is BELOW 6GK00392 when ordering parts.

NOTE: Much higher numbers of 7DK-prefix 312 excavator than your machine would be similar to a 6GK machine with Serial Number ABOVE 6GK00393.
Thank you very much sir for your valuble info and it will be really helpful to us in the future.
Thanx.

anuradha

Will this part suitable for our 312 7dk modle.
Screenshot_20190820-225141_eBay.jpg

If not please tell me the correct part no for the coupling.

Thank you.

anuradha

Thank you very much for all your replies.we got recovered the issue thanks to youall advices.

Thank you.