• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How to analyze power? hp vs breakout force vs ...

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Yeah, the only thing you can do too loosen the stump is to keep digging around and trying to wiggle the bucket all around to get some movement. Once you dig around, even getting the bucket teeth way under the stump, then it's harder to try and get the bucket to leverage the stump. I have tried to drop a rock or log down under the stump to rest the bucket on to help with the leverage. Anyone tried this? Note: Using the arm to pull out the stump, will only result in dragging the whole machine forward unless its loose. The only way I could move the extricated stump was to either use the blade to push them, or prop one side of the stump on top of the blade, and lift with the bucket the other side, and hobble away.

John Canfield

Occupation
Ranching
........... The only way I could move the extricated stump was to either use the blade to push them, or prop one side of the stump on top of the blade, and lift with the bucket the other side, and hobble away.
I was able to move that very large double trunk by pulling it into the blade, lifting the blade while curling the bucket. Even at that I was a bit tippy but impressed with the hoe.

4lane

Then you have something like a Volvo EC55 which is just over 10k pounds but has a whopping 53.7hp engine.