• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How often change the fluid hydraulic in my JCB 3CX 2009 ?

bolko

Hi Gents.
I'm from Poland so sorry about my english.
I have two qestion:
How often have you change hudraulic fluid in yours JCB.
In Poland everybody said that I had to change hydraulic fluid every 2000 h but I found :
http://www.coastalbp.com/index.php?page=irving_hydraulic_fluids_products
and they said that i can use this oil 8000h?
What kind of hyraulic fluid i have to use in yours opinion?
Where can i find service books to JCB 3CX 2007

Thx
Slawek

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
mate 8,000hrs seems like a long time i would not be waitting around to see if it is good enough seriously for the small amount of money you spend on the oil compared to broken parts i think its worth changing the oil more often.

bolko

>> its worth changing the oil more often
I owner of JCB.
In Poland I have to work 20 hours for changing oil.

So is it mean "more often". I lost my (service book).

Sławek

d4c24a

my last one on a 07 year with over 5000hrs was on the same oil , just had a few filter change,s

xcmark

Occupation
construction
oil is MUCH cheaper then pumps and pistons , in the long run every 2000 hour or less ! you can replace the lube or you can replace the steel it should have protected .

robin yates uk

as long as the hydraulic is clean, I never used to change it.I found that JCB oils lasted a longtime so the only added oil was a top up after a burst hose.I used to be an owner driver so cost was always a consideration.Fuel and oil filters always changed as per service time but hydraulics oil never changed

Deon

I know of a Deere 310C with 13,000 hrs. Original owner says he
never changes hydraulic oil on any of his equipment and I know the
pressent owner didn't either. Not saying its the right thing to do but
thats what this Deere has endured and still running.

bolko

I lost my maintence book

Fuel and oil filters always changed as per service time but hydraulics oil never changed

The problem is that I'm second owner and I lost my service (maintence) book. And i don't know what is mean SERVICE TIME.
Where can I find service book for JCB.
Does Anybody know?

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Years since i had a Jcb, but i remember hp32 was the oil used and we put hp46 in it as it was a higher temp. If you have the funds change the fluid and filters. That way you know its right.

robin yates uk

service time means the number of hours the machine has worked since the last service.As you are the new owner, do a complete filter/oil/ change now.As I already said I never used to change the hydraulic oil at all.

JCBiron

JCB Service Checklists call for hydraulic oil change every 2000 hours. In North America, we use 46AW JCB Hyd. fluid, but that may change depending on your average temperatures.

blitz138

Alot depends on the oil and the additive package. Some hydraulic oils have a life of 2,000.....a PAO should have no problem with 10,000 hours