• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How Not To Use Heavy Equipment......

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
YIKES :dizzy :eek:

Thanks for posting those . Reminds me of that saying about how common sense really isn't so common .

Wulf

The sixth one of the Aveling Barford truck maybe looks like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (unless his wheel fell off ;) )

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Makes you wonder how they get away with that kind of stuff :confused:

The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union would cringe when they see somebody working on high voltage lines in a excavator bucket.

The guy standing on a ladder in a tractor bucket which looks like it has a bail of hay in it is a accident waiting to happen.

surfer-joe

Some places don't have all the advantages we civilized folk do. They have to run what they brung. Still, you have to wonder what the hell they're thinking.............

Rocket

Remember, the only reason we have all our safety rules is because someone went ahead and made a mistake before us.

My heart lept seeing the first set. I wonder what the stories are behind these? Why is the engine compartment open on the first? Is this common practice in their country? Are the wires live? Why are the guys wearing masks in the second image?

Electra_Glide

The guy standing on a ladder in a tractor bucket which looks like it has a bail of hay in it is a accident waiting to happen.
I guess he figures if he starts to fall he can just grab the electrical service line that's below him and swing safely to the ground like they do in those pirate movies...:pointhead

wrenchbender

:badidea But I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And I'll bet there are a lot of job openings proly every week or so. lol I don't think the employers worry much about retirement benifits either.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator

I'll bet the hay is there for a reason. On the bare, curved, metal inside of the bucket, the ladder would slip when the guy climbed up on it. The hay will keep that from happening, because the feet of the ladder are stuck down into it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
i thought that's what OSHA was for?

No - that's what common sense is for.:D :iagree with Rino, although sometimes Darwinism doesn't work fast enough.LOL

RT Engineering

Occupation
Owner
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site, pretty cool.

I saw these Pictures and it reminded me of some other future Darwin Award Winners, thought you might enjoy these.

RT

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 244
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 244
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 249
  • image004.jpg