• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How not to do something

Tugger2

We were doing a small slab pour at home a while ago ,a little bit of redi mix left over. Being one not to waste it i had my helpers knock together a form for a new front step into the the house. My good wife reminded me of the 3" drain pipe under the step that she wanted to have to keep the down spout chains draining away from the bed for a new hedge.Dont worry i said we will sort it out after, the concretes gonna kick off. Heres what doing it after entailed. A day in the machine shop creating some directional drilling gear and a tough afternoon dodging unknown large rocks under the step.Success in the end . A whole 8' of pipe under the step.Should have done it right the first time?Reminded me of real life horrors involved in drilling piles.P1010036.JPGP1010038.JPGP1010042.JPGP1010045.JPG

Last edited: