• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How much horse power is in Cat 3204 1988 Cat D4

Thor

Does any one know how much horse power is in 3204 Cat engine ?

Do you know the size of the diesel pump in the D4 and the name of the producer ?

Rgrds

Thor

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Horsepower

Does any one know how much horse power is in 3204 Cat engine ?

Do you know the size of the diesel pump in the D4 and the name of the producer ?

Rgrds

Thor

On a 88 model D4H it should be 90 Flywheel Horsepower.

The Horsepower increased to 95FWHP in 1989 beginning with the following Serial Numbers

2AC00605
3AC00695
9PB03291
9DB01504

Or so I'm told :)

Last edited:

roddyo

Occupation
Pump

I don't know.

I always run the later model ones because of the higher HP.

If you want I can take a look at mine in a few days but it's a 92 or 93 model and has 105HP.

gadgetmansat

i have a problem with a 95 d4h. oil pressure warning light and warning buzzer come on. cat had me change the warning oil sender switch but didn't fix it. any other suggestions?

roddyo

Occupation
i have a problem with a 95 d4h. oil pressure warning light and warning buzzer come on. cat had me change the warning oil sender switch but didn't fix it. any other suggestions?

LMAO

I got the same problem.

I got a sending unit the other day but it has the new style plug so I didn't put it on yet.

I just turn my machine off, wait a few minutes and restart it.

With two of us working on this problem it should only take half as long to fix it.:D

gadgetmansat

LMAO

I got the same problem.

I got a sending unit the other day but it has the new style plug so I didn't put it on yet.

I just turn my machine off, wait a few minutes and restart it.

With two of us working on this problem it should only take half as long to fix it.:D

have you checked the oil pressure with a remote guage yet? I haven't. that was my next step. just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

LonestarCobra

There is a detailed procedure for diagnosing this problem. It could be a bad (open) wire, or the EMS going bad. I would attach a pressure gauge on the engine to see what the oil pressure is if you have not done that already.

And olderop, I am still doing some mechanic work up here even though I dont do it full time anymore.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)

Hi gadgetman are you sure you replaced the right pressure switch D4h has two of the exact engine oil pressure switches One is for the hour meter other is for warning light A very quick way to check them is to jump across the two terminals on each switch with engine off key on . one switch when jumped across will turn on the hour meter the other switch will turn the warning light "OFF" If it does not turn the warning light off you more than likely have broken wire .

olderop

I have a friend that is in need of steering brake bands ( I think ) on a d8k He is in no hurry and I was just watching and noticed that you seem to have some insight in tractors i am also trying to get out of the repair end and this one is somewhat out of my league tractor is in Rockdale

LonestarCobra

I have a friend that is in need of steering brake bands ( I think ) on a d8k He is in no hurry and I was just watching and noticed that you seem to have some insight in tractors i am also trying to get out of the repair end and this one is somewhat out of my league tractor is in Rockdale

After I left my 14 year tour of duty as a field mechanic at the Cat dealer, I did not touch anything with yellow paint for three years. With the economy sluggish, and natural gas prices low I have found myself at it again with wrences in my hands. I help the locals out and do quite a bit of welding for them as well, since the oil and gas business is their main source of income also. I dont know which Rockdale your from, but both of them are over three hours from my locality.