• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How much for a new D8T ?

JDOFMEMI

In 2006, a new D-8T equipped as you said was right around $600K, here in the US.

If Gavin is right, and they are $1MM down under, that would be one heck of a premium.

I know of a 5,000 hr D-8T in good condition for $300K, if that helps

buckfever

heard the 8-t models were fuel hogs. could'nt go 10 hours on a tank of fuel. same guy said the R and N models still blow them out of the water

JDOFMEMI

heard the 8-t models were fuel hogs. could'nt go 10 hours on a tank of fuel. same guy said the R and N models still blow them out of the water

Somebody's been lying to you then. My fuel burn on the 8T is less than any other D-8 I have had, including H,K,L,R. Never had an N.

I have checked the fuel burn on the computer while operating, and it will go up to 18 GPH, but only under full load. The average full day of heavy use will run 12GPH, and when doing light duty or trim work many days it is down around 7 GPH

With a 170 gallon tank, in ight duty itt is common to run 2 days, while in hard going it will 12 hours easily

That said, it will outpush any other D-8, even the L, and very nearly keeps pace with my D-9N

I am not blinded by the Cat yellow, and I run other brands of iron, but with the big dozers, they are hands down the best there is.

JDOFMEMI

Let us know what you think.

I spent an hour or so on one, and was very impressed. I have a wright up on it in another thread.

YELLOMTLMILITIA

I pulled GPS fuel and hour meter readings on 3 random D8Ts and they averaged 10.7GPH.
Yeah I've ran it a couple times before for several hours, slot dozed with it like crazy and then did alot of finish work with it and enjoyed the hell out of it. I cant find any flaws in it yet except the gear selector is a little bit of a stretch to reach with my thumb. still really looking forward to next week though.

Last edited:

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
I am not blinded by the Cat yellow, and I run other brands of iron, but with the big dozers, they are hands down the best there is.

I am not blinded by Cat either. I tend to lean away from Cat but D6 and up Cat dozers are about the only dozers to have. I would hate to have to run a scraper fleet without a few D9's and D10's roaring around.

We have a few D8T's and we have not put a lot of hours on them but the operators say they are great. Lots of power, responsive and the A/C works great.:)

As far as the price I think ours are 2008's and they were around $600K. That is without rippers.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
D8t

Hi Timdozers.
A few guys in NZ have opened their wallets to buy one, is at least 3 in NZ, with 2 in forestry roading.
Jack Kuru on the east cape of the NI has one and Mike Edridge in Nelson.
3rd one is goughs hire in auckland as far as i know.
Gotta be a million plus down here. Mate up my way bought a D8R about 7years ago and it was 920 000 plus tax then :eek:
You mite have to settle for that TD20 :drinkup
Merv

Beachbum0286

We got 3 8T's this year. They are great machines, extremely reliable and good on fuel. They push right next to the R's.

Timdozers

Occupation
Machinery operator
Hi D6Merv

Hi Timdozers.
A few guys in NZ have opened their wallets to buy one, is at least 3 in NZ, with 2 in forestry roading.
Jack Kuru on the east cape of the NI has one and Mike Edridge in Nelson.
3rd one is goughs hire in auckland as far as i know.
Gotta be a million plus down here. Mate up my way bought a D8R about 7years ago and it was 920 000 plus tax then :eek:
You mite have to settle for that TD20 :drinkup
Merv

Yeah I have got the September issue of the New Zealand Logger and had a good read. It's is fairly good. Thought I might give the boss the magazine hahaha. we won our contract on our tender for Wenita Forest Products. So crossing my fingers now. The boss is going to tender a lot of his gear. So we will see how much of the old stuff he gets rid of so he can buy some new machines.

Crawler Hawler

Occupation
HEO, Drill&Boom
We've got a new 10T.. Thats the way I operate.

Dual Tilt, Fast hydraulic response, and the auto blade assist. 30/5/90

Great machine.

Crawler Hawler

Occupation
HEO, Drill&Boom
yes... 30% load position 5% carry and 90% spread.... not for everything but that's the way i've got the auto blade assist set up.

bumoffthestreet

Why does everyone always compare the D8N, R, and T to the old D8s?? They are not related to each other. The D8L was replaced by the D9N, and the D8N was a completely new tractor that was pushed into the lineup, forcing Cat to change it numbering system.