• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

How high can it go

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I wonder when a 4 quart oil change will cost $400. ?
Never since in the next 8 years your state has decided that everyone who isn't driving a electric car by 2030 can't register it there.
According to my mathematics there is over million combustion engines in WA state registered and so many electric vehicles, at approximately 70k electric vehicles a month registered as electric only will they make their law applicable. Last I recalled chip shortages and affordability with them lacking range ain't looking so bright between now and then, better get a horse...

Last edited:

Don.S

I paid $93 to fill up two 5 gallon gass cans today and they felt like a deal compared to. Few weeks ago.
We are at $2.00 a liter and were at $2.50 a few weeks ago.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
Her in Abbotsford BC ( east of Vancouver BC) out of the Vancouver tax zone, diesel dropped to $2.09 a L. That is about $ $ 6.60 US for a Us gallon. It dropped $.20 a litre this morning.

suladas

I paid $93 to fill up two 5 gallon gass cans today and they felt like a deal compared to. Few weeks ago.
We are at $2.00 a liter and were at $2.50 a few weeks ago.
Her in Abbotsford BC ( east of Vancouver BC) out of the Vancouver tax zone, diesel dropped to $2.09 a L. That is about $ $ 6.60 US for a Us gallon. It dropped $.20 a litre this morning.

Ours isn't that bad, but then again both of you live in anti-oil places so the crazy prices are more expected. Diesel around $1.70/L here.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Northern California checking in at $7/gal and change.

Anybody ever done a veggie oil conversion to a Cummins?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Had 250 gal of on-road dropped last week at $5.45 per gal.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
My local auto parts store switched from stocking Shell to Gulf for drums of engine & trans oil.

Apparently Shell has gone way up.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Marathon recently told their customers to switch to 1223 kerosene placards instead of 1863 Jet A for home heat. I found that interesting. They must be trying to save a few pennies by selling a off-spec Jet A or something? Both products are coming out of the same tank. I don’t understand. Marathon surveyed their customers. Jet A has been supplied for home heat for as long as I can remember.

Vetech63

Does anyone else just get pissed off when they fuel up? It cost me $224 to fill the service truck up Monday and I'm at 1/4 tank already. I'm getting sick of this S%$#. I may have to start kicking my dog when I get home just to let out some frustration. Well, I won't kick the dog, but maybe I should start smoking pot or start drinking.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
But still....I get passed by the Jacked up trucks with the big mudder tires (on the freeway no less) and you can hear their foot is really in it.
"Someone must doo something, because it can't be my fault I get under 10 mpg"

Old Doug

But still....I get passed by the Jacked up trucks with the big mudder tires (on the freeway no less) and you can hear their foot is really in it.
"Someone must doo something, because it can't be my fault I get under 10 mpg"
I dont have the answers but in my mined to many people are burning fuel just for fun. Alot of people are wasting money on fuel just because its fun if this would change it couldnt hurt. I dont want to get into politics but maybe this is a way to straiten out some stuff thats going on for the future maybe there is a better way like taxing people that drive a fuel guzzlers that dont need to.

77Ford

Does anyone else just get pissed off when they fuel up? It cost me $224 to fill the service truck up Monday and I'm at 1/4 tank already. I'm getting sick of this S%$#. I may have to start kicking my dog when I get home just to let out some frustration. Well, I won't kick the dog, but maybe I should start smoking pot or start drinking.

I personally vouch for drinking......

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Holy moly, Yakutat’s electric rate is now 64 cents per kWh. My goodness. It’s diesel generated.

The ladies that own the hardware store will hand you a flashlight if you are just grabbing a couple things. But, will offer to turn on the lights if you have serious shopping to perform.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Pfft! I’m having trouble finding pumps that don’t automatically shut me off at $200. I hate and I repeat HATE having to swipe my credit card twice to fill my tank.:mad: